It's been two years since my first day working here at Young Life. It was the start of a new season of my life and the ending of another one. I remember feeling so welcomed my first day and thankful for the friendships that formed quickly with coworkers. I'm thankful for the way they reached out and loved me when I went through the worst breakup of my life only like a week and half after I started. I'm thankful that God had placed me in this job in the timing he did because it was this that confirmed to me that I was still suppose to be in Colorado despite the loss of the relationship that was the reason I moved.
I love Young Life. I love it's heart and vision. I love that I get to hear the hearts of the "higher ups" and watch them tear up as they talk about the vision of camp and stories from them. I love that I get to see the inner workings of a huge non profit. It's not perfect and you have the normal office politics but I'm so thankful that I work for a company that values it's employees and takes care of them.
Granted my actual job with Young Life does not stir my heart up and actually slowly kills my soul some days but the fact that I work for an organization that reaches young people is enough to keep me going. I know I won't be in this department forever but I have feeling my time with Young Life is probably going to be a lot longer.
This summer I wondered if one of the reasons I dated Stephen was so I would move here and be connected with the organization I was to do long term ministry with! We will see.
Oh and PS I've decided to start the application process for being on international staff with Young Life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment