Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 21-29: Catching up.....

So, basically between work, social life, babysitting, being sick and everything in between - I've slacked in this. Completely. So, here I am playing a little catch up.



Day 21
I'm thankful that God has always provided for me. No matter what financial thing comes my way, God's always been faithful to see me through without too much hardship. And as I'm spending so much money on things I need for Africa I'm trusting that He'll pull through again! :)

Day 22
 I'm thankful for journals. It has become such a place for me to offload and process life. Then later look back and see the ways God has moved in my life and situations. 


Day 23
I'm thankful for rain storms. I love them. I love the smell of them. I love the sound of thunder and the wait lightening lights up the night sky.

Day 24
I'm thankful that I've learned to actually enjoy my quiet nights alone. That even sometimes I look forward to them and need them once in a while. (I'll repeat ONCE IN A WHILE)


Day 25
I'm thankful for a mentor who listens to my heart and encourages and suggest books for me accordingly. :)


Day 26
I'm thankful that I work for an organization where my the financial directior (my boss's boss boss) thought it was important to take the time to grab some of my co-workers and pray over me my last day of work before Africa. Blessed. 


Day 27
 I'm thankful for men in the world like Andy Stanley (I got to hear him speak recently) and how he is impacting and making a difference in so many lives. "The church is not for church people but for people people".


Day 28
I'm thankful for Saturday mornings and the sleep ins that always leave me feeling refreshed! 

Day 29
I'm thankful for "escape times". You know those moments where you just need to get out of town? I had one of those this past weekend and went and saw my dear friend Laura and her husband and it was exactly what my heart needed. 

And today is Day 30 but that deserves a post all of it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment