So this whole project turned out to be more of a "what am I gonna write about" instead of "what am I thankful for". Am kinda disappointed with myself that I allowed it to turn into that. And I struggled a lot with what to write. I know I have lots to be thankful for so why has it been so hard identifying those things. I was talking to Jodi about some of this and right away she told me that I needed to read "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. So, I bought it for my plane ride to Africa......I don't know much about the book except that it goes along the same lines of what I was trying to do with this blog lately.
But with saying all that. It's day thirty and today.....
I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to Africa
It's here. Tomorrow I leave. For Africa. Wait. Did I just say tomorrow I leave for Africa? Wow. It's here. It still doesn't seem real. I'm leaving tomorrow.
I had a friend who went to Africa before give me some advice that she was given....
"You have to completely forget yourself, forget what you want to get from the trip, forget the things you want to do, and completely open your heart to God leading you."
Truth! I want to do that. I have very little expectations as I don't know what to expect but I'm excited. I'm excited to watch God move, to have my heart be more broken, to have my life turn upside down, to become more like Christ.
I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to experience a new culture and to experience God in a different culture.
But I'm scared. Terrified. I know me. I know how my heart works. I know how my heart breaks. And I know I've never experienced anything like I will in Swaziland. I know my heart is going to break. I know there will be many tears shed. I know there will be many questions asked of God. I know I'm going to be struggle and wrestling long after I return. And it scares me. I know some of these questions are going to be left unanswered and how am I going to handle that? I don't know. How am I going to handle living the life I do here after I've experienced seeing the way they live life over there?
But will deal with all that later. I want to be in each moment along this journey! In the moment of the airplane ride over, in the quiet moments right before bed, in the moments with each and every child and person I meet. I want to soak it all in and savor every moment.
Pray for me. Pray for our team. Pray that God would move.
Follow our team's blog. www.wvcswaziland.blogspot.com
Our schedule and prayer points. http://ow.ly/d/hcn
No comments:
Post a Comment