Friday, January 21, 2011

Enjoy the Journey

My aunt called me this morning and said how I was on her mind (we had talked for a while yesterday) and she said "dont forget to enjoy the journey". I started crying.

Sept of 2007 for one of my classes at Moody we had to do a day of silence and I God spoke to me very profoundly that day. I wont go into the long story or type up the journal entry of that day but in a very real way God said to me that life isn't about finding the perfect spot to be, the perfect job, the perfect guy or have the perfect minstry. That life is about enjoying the journey, enjoying the journey of life with God. Taking time to smell the roses and see what's he wants to tell me every day. It's not about reaching perfection or reaching the absolute "perfect will of God".........life is about the journey that takes us there.

My aunt reminded me of that this morning. Enjoy the journey. Yes. This week has sucked. Yes. I cried myself to sleep last night. But can I enjoy that journey? Can I find the ways that God is whispering to me in the hard moments? Life is going to be hard. And there will be many more nights of crynig myself to sleep. But there will also be many more moments of Jesus sweetly reminding me what life is about. Like through my aunt this morning.

So, today......I'm just going along for the ride of whatever today is and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment