Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Joy will come in the morning

This morning as I was getting ready for my day I happened to look up and see the painting on my wall....

"Joy will come in the morning"

Oh, that phrase.... a year ago I clung to it. It was the hope I held on to and throughout the painful times last year I kept reminding myself of it. That this season would end, that joy would come again, that I would feel like my normal optimistic self, that I wouldn't just be surviving life and that I wouldn't just be existing.
"Joy will come in the morning" 

Guess what? It's finally morning! That is what I realized this morning. I'm not sure when exactly morning came but it has. I'm not just existing, I'm not just trying to get through each day but I'm enjoying life again. And it's not that I haven't at all this past year because I have! But it's a different feeling this time and the joy is there without a guy playing a part into it. (haha... funny guys seem to have brought some of the biggest joys and the biggest sorrows into my life)

I knew this year was going to be a significant year and I'm already starting to see actual signs of it. I want more out of life. I want to know God more and deeper. I want my relationship with Him to be like it was when I was in Northern Ireland. I felt like I heard Him so much more clearly then. I want that back. I want to prayer expectantly and for big picture things. I want to be used in huge ways. I want not put God in a box.  I want to see Him move in my life. I want to grown and change and become more loving, more forgiving, more humble, more selfless, more like Christ.

I'm excited for this year and that amazes. God is faithful and I didn't think I would ever be back to this place. Thank you Jesus! That I love my life again and excited about the unknown and hopeful.

Hope. There is that word again. Hope.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" - Romans 12:12

This is my verse for this year. I will be joyful in the hope that I have. I will be patient in any affliction that is thrown my way. And I will remain faithful in prayer......at all times

1 comment: