This weekend 10 years ago I graduated high school. 10 years. Wow. I remember thinking back then that 10 years out of high school seemed like so far away and I'd be so old by then. Oh the naiveness of youth because I sure don't feel old yet.
But it got me thinking about how many years I have spent in some sort of education. After high school I went to two years of community college. I then had a year off as I spent my first year in Northern Ireland but the next two years I would spend doing online classes while I lived there. When I came back to the states I continued with online classes until I went to Moody and then was in school until I graduated in 2009.
It's been two years since I've been out of school and that's the longest I have been out of education since preschool. And I miss it. I really, really miss it. Which brings me to what I am thankful for today.
I am thankful for the education I have received.
So many people in this world don't get the opportunity to have a high school level of education, let alone a four year college degree! I'm so thankful that I've had the opporuntity to achieve both of those things.
Granted, I probably don't remember half of what I learned in my classes but I know so much of that expeirence helped develope me into the person I am today. I love learning and didn't realize how much I did until I was no longer in formal education. I love the classroom setting and the discussions and I miss it!
Which is why I am starting grad school this fall and am also thankful for the opportunity to have more education!

No comments:
Post a Comment