Monday, June 6, 2011

Day One: Thankful for the place I live

A roof over my head, a kitchen to cook in, a bed to sleep in and running hot water are things that I take for granted on a daily basis. Theses are things that many people in the world don't have. These are things that the majority of kids in Swaziland don't have. These are things I don't think twice about.

I'm beyond blessed in this area. Beyond blessed. I live in an amazing condo in a gated community that has the greatest hot tub ever! My place is cute and comfy. I have the most comfortable king sized bed that is all my own. (Which is going to be hard when I get married one day and have to share!) I have a hot shower every morning and a kitchen that is at my disposal to use.

And what blows my mind is how even as I type all this......I'm still taking it for granted and I'm not sure how to make my brain register how blessed I am. Sigh. I'm guessing after Africa and after seeing first hand how others live it won't be as hard.

That still scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment