Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day Six: Thankful for the quiet

I've had one of those super lazy and quiet Saturdays. Against my will. I like being with people and I like being busy. I've learned to be more okay alone and try to take advantage of those times. But sometimes it's hard because my brain goes into overdrive and starts to dwell on things that aren't healthy. And it's in those moments that I have to choose. To choose to use those quiet and alone times in a positive way. So, today that's what I'm choosing to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for the quiet and alone moments. 

It's so hard for me sometimes to choose to have the attitude of thankfulness for those moments. And so many time in those moments I don't use that time wisely and instead just waste the day away.

But I know my life won't always allow me to have the time I have to myself now. One day when I'm married and have a family I'm guessing it will be a lot easier to treasure the alone moments.

So, until then I'm going to try to enjoy those moments now and take advantage of the "Jessica time" and be thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment